Nowata High/Middle School School Return to School Plan
Wednesday, July 08, 2020
Return to School Plan
Nowata High/Middle School
- Attendance Options
- 70% of students who have filled out our survey wish to attend school face to face.
- 24% want to blend their day between home and school.
- 6% want to work completely from home.
- Every class will be taught using Google Classroom as the base platform.
- Every student will have their own chrome book to use.
- Students working from home will be able to watch video of the day’s classes or watch as the class is actually happening.
- Proactive approach to safety
- Encourage/Teach good hygiene. Washing hands, covering your face when you cough or sneeze as well as using hand sanitizer routinely.
- Wearing of masks is perfectly acceptable if you choose to do so.
- If the state department mandates masks, we will follow those guidelines.
- If you are not feeling well do not come to school. Work from home that day. Everyone will have that ability.
- If there is a student or staff member who tests positive, we will follow the state department guidelines.
- We will monitor case numbers and make smart decisions as data dictates.
- We may close for a few day to deep clean.
- We may decide to have students attend on a rotation schedule that limits the number of people in the building at any one time.
- We will make a good decision at the time with the safety of our students as our main concern.
- Social distancing will be practiced/taught.
- This will be tough
- Students will have to take some social responsibility in the halls, at lunch and other times when monitoring their actions is more difficult.
- Teachers will design classrooms to ensure as much social distancing as possible.
- This will be tough
- Custodial Improvements
- We have purchased several misters allowing our custodians and coaches to clean and disinfect on a regular basis.
- At this time, athletics are beginning. Summer programs are winding down.
- We will be diligent in our effort to protect our students involved in activities.
- If shutting down becomes the best option we will do so.